Directions: Queen Elizabeth was the last and perhaps the most famous member of the English House of Tudor....
Protestantism
The Arts in London
Conflict with Spain
Colonization Begins
Protestantism: Queen Elizabeth I established the Elizabethan Religious Settlement, which firmly established Protestantism in England and created the Church of England, separating from the Catholic Church.
The Arts in London: Elizabeth I's reign saw a flourishing of the arts, particularly in theater, with figures like William Shakespeare and Christopher Marlowe emerging as prominent playwrights.
Conflict with Spain: The conflict with Spain culminated in the defeat of the Spanish Armada in 1588, marking a significant naval victory for England and establishing it as a formidable maritime power.
Colonization Begins: Elizabeth I's reign marked the beginning of English colonization efforts, including the establishment of the first English colony in America at Roanoke Island.
Snap a photo of your homework and get a step-by-step answer in seconds. You can ask follow-up questions until it makes sense.
Solve my question free History help Find a history tutor© 2026 SnapAndSolve