Web Analytics

Questions › Math

Math Asked by a SnapAndSolve user · about 2 hours ago

The interest on $2,000 for 2 years is $320. What is the simple interest rate?

8. The interest on $2,000 for 2 years is $320. What is the simple interest rate?
$ [ ] = $2,000 * r * [ ]
$ [ ] = $ [ ] * r
[ ] = r
% = r

Answer

Solution:

  1. Use the simple interest formula: I = P * r * t, where I = interest, P = principal, r = rate, t = time.
  2. Given: I = $320, P = $2,000, t = 2 years.
  3. Substitute the values into the formula: $320 = $2,000 * r * 2.
  4. Solve for r: $320 = $4,000 * r.
  5. r = $320 / $4,000 = 0.08.
  6. Convert r to a percentage: r = 0.08 * 100 = 8%.

Answer: The simple interest rate is 8%.

Have a similar question?

Snap a photo of your homework and get a step-by-step answer in seconds. You can ask follow-up questions until it makes sense.

Solve my question free Math help

More math questions